Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Is there genius thing in songs ?

Songs are but 7 notes. So at the most they are great combinations. But my point is, is there a thing called genius in songs? Yes, it is possible. 

I list these songs as genius from Indian cinema.

Ye dil aur unki nigahon ke saaye. Jaidev. Genius composition

Ik hasina thi; ik diwaana tha. Laxmikant Pyarelal. Genius emotion

Madhura mazhikhondhu vaasam Ilaiyaraaja Genius balance

Aaj ki raat hona hai kya. Shankar Ehsaan Loy Genius chord change

Jab chaaha yaara tumne RDBurman Genius Carefreeness

Tu jo mere sur mein Ravindra Jain Genius Music use

Pal pal dil ke paas Kalyanji Anandji Genius Feelings

As my knowledge is limited and am not too focused, I am not able to make an exhaustive list. I want to include all the known music directors.

7 comments:

  1. If you ask me which of these I listen to the most, it is aaj ki raat.
    So genius as such is not guilty.
    Why have favorites should be.
    It was indeed John Barry.
    Lagi start ek ek repay ki !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Ilayaraja because he is Tamil.
    He wouldn't mind.
    Bronze is my favorite color. Third.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of them are such iconic songs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not like Naushad as much as I love Khayyam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Movies like Pakeezah, Mughal-e-Azam put me off.
    Naushad is too good. No doubt.
    Pooja carnatic music is good. Hindustani is beautiful.
    Keep writing in my blogs, Pooja.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poojaji, I was looking out for logic for identifying Naushad saab.
    No Kishore Kumar is one trait.
    Background score between pallavi and charanam of Naushad saab songs were western music inspired.
    That will make it difficult to differentiate between soft songs of Shankar Jaikishan and songs of Naushad.
    Any points Poojaji?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I mean
    Who composed Baharon phool barsao?
    Who composed Tu kahe agar?
    If I were to write in Nataraj HB pencil I can. Shankar Jaikishan the first song.

    ReplyDelete