Saturday, May 14, 2022

I keep listening to them again and again

When I was in school in Delhi we would listen to Hindi Jesudas songs a lot. It became a habit. And the songs were deeply internalized.  

We would also listen to Talat Mehmood and Manna Dey.

Then I went to Coimbatore for electrical engineering course in BE. I bought a Walkman and listened to popular Tamil songs.

Time waits for no one. But the effects of music are deep and memories remain. I listen to these four songs again and again. 

En jeevan paduthu. K J Jesudas. Ilaiyaraja.

Un nenjai thottu solu. Chitra. Ilaiyaraja.

Jab tak poore na ho phere saath. Nadiya ke paar. Ravindra Jain. 

Koun disha mein. Nadiya ke paar. Ravindra Jain. 

I get the feeling of rural India. Of Southern India. Of Northern India. 

I want my South Indian blog readers to listen to the above two Ravindra Jain songs. And the North Indian blog readers to listen to Ilaiyaraja songs. And appreciate the greatness of rural India. 

No comments:

Post a Comment